Thursday 17 June 2021

Hosco SG pt. 5

I made the final assembly last night. It was an easy job, and I had no special difficulties there. The nut was cut properly out of the box, so there was nothing to do with it but just putting it to its place. I shielded the mic cavities and control cavity with copper tape, and installed the electronics which were perfectly pre-wired. One of the small tuner screws was missing, and one pickup ring screw was of wrong kind, but otherwise everything was perfect. Oh, poker chip was missing, but that really depends on the SG whether it is used or not. 

I will comment the guitar as an instrument later on. I have put the setup to my liking, and despite little twist on the neck it plays well. The pickups sound really good (they are GFS Mean 90, I already put the stock pickups to my Warmoth Les Paul). 

In daylight the guitar looks bright and lively red, but in shade and indoors kind of purple and dark. 

Some pictures in a daylight:






No comments:

Post a Comment